Sunday, March 16, 2008

Discovering, Rediscovering, Reliving.

I've had an interesting week. I discovered, rediscovered and relived. And it couldn't have felt better :)

I discovered that somewhere inside me, I loved a particular genre of music that I never knew. Going to Singapore's very own Mosaic Music Festival at the Esplanade was a trip worthwhile. Thank you friend, for inviting me down for it. And for bringing me for a great dinner too! I've finally learned to appreciate local productions, music and singers. They really are talented. Sara Wee is a good example - She blew me away with her voice and compositions. I didn't want to get my comfortable bottom off the velvet seats at the Esplanade's concourse! Imagine that.



I rediscovered, familiar terms. As awkward as it was, I did so through my English presentation task. The English language is about understanding what a word means and putting a word to use in the right context. And so, I learned the words 'friend' and 'friendship', again. Thanks to an article written by a local journalist, I chose to present something real, something evident.

"One friend in a lifetime is much, two are many, three are hardly possible."

To me, this is real.

"The saddest thing about friendship is that it can die. It doesn't come with a lifelong guarantee. Then, there are friendships that die because they have simply run their course." - Sumiko Tan

This is evident.

"I have lost friends, some by death - others by sheer inability to cross the street." - Virginia Woolf

This, is life.

Rediscovering, opened my eyes a little wider; taught me a little deeper; trained me a little harder, to accept. It brought me back to gratefulness; thankfulness. And I was truly humbled. I don't think I could ask for more, I really don't. Friends, like these two, make me smile :)



God made the skies so beautifully blue yesterday, I stood comforted, in serenity. Please excuse my model, I requested for him to be there and he was being nice.



I am proud to say that I have relived a part of my life that I hold so close, so dearly. Oh, the nostalgia. Megalife gave me the chance to pull out my Blue pinafore and St Nicks PE tee :) For a whole day, I walked, proud to have been a CHIJ St. Nicholas Girl. I would have worn clean white shoes, but I don't have a pair. I had my name tags from primary and secondary school so I included that in my dress up too, hee.

IJ girls, unite :)



Dear Sengkang 1 girls, thank you for making my night :) It is pure pleasure leading you girls and I hope you know how dear you all are to me!



Thank you two, for spamming my camera with your pretty faces!



Somehow, God decided to take a step back. He wasn't near, he was a footstep away. And to me, that's far enough. He wanted me to experience all of it, on my own. During worship in service, I found myself standing in Reverent Awe, in full praise to my God. Two words rung in my head: Behold. Beloved. It led me to link the words.

I want to Behold, my Beloved.

My heart kept beating for this very line.

At the end of the day, I was estatic! Meaning to say, I was tired, but so full of Joy :) It's no wonder they always say, "then, you'll experience the fullness of joy." I am finding so much pleasure in allowing God to do His thing, in me, through me. It's unexplainable; You won't be able to grasp, until you experience it all, first hand.

I'm all geared up to receive a new surge of Joy.
Although that also means working hard in school, I'd gladly do so :)

On an incredibly random note, my trusty phone turned 4 years old yesterday. I'm so proud of it, that it's still working so hard to serve me, haha!

Wherever God is, there Heaven is. The inheritance is mine to claim. I have a rightful place, in a rightful home. The truth, is still and always will be, the wonderful truth.

A truckload of smiles to You God! Thank You, thank You, thank You, for an Amazing week :) I pray this Joy will be contagious; I want the people around me to be as Joyful too.

All of you out there, remember that you have the victory over life. Claim it, stand upon it and live by it. You'd be amazed at what a difference a smile can make in someone else's life :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home